Monday, June 4, 2007

Baby Shower? For Me?

June 2nd three wonderfully close friends and my precious sister threw me a wonderful baby shower. I kept feeling so strange, like a baby shower, for me? I'm not even expecting! But in a way I kind of am, but like an elephant with a gestation period of two years. Haha! The shower was so wonderful, from the invitations that were exquisite to the decorations, these four precious women really went over the top for me and I don't deserve it.




We received the most wonderful gifts, some to get ready for baby which we needed because with Madison being 7,we didn't have anything aside from furniture, and other things holding great sentimental value already, before Zoey is even home. One very special gift we received was a blessing bowl from my mom. When everyone came into the shower they were to write out a blessing, roll it up, tie it, and place it in the bowl. Next to the bowl was this beautiful poem:




It was a beautiful shower. The decorations were perfect to celebrate Zoey, her heritage, and her birthcountry.

We continue to pray everyday for her, her health, her birthmother, the orphanage and foster care workers, and all of the children waiting for their "Forever Families".

We received fabulous gifts from monogrammed diaper bags and changing pads to Bumbo seats and potties. Things have changed so much from when Madison was a baby. It's amazing what they have for babies now; spoons and forks that change color so you won't burn your babies mouth? With Madison we just tasted it to see if it was hot! She had a great time at the shower too and was a huge help with opening gifts and sharing in the excitement. She was given some gifts herself, Big Sister things that really added to her joy of becoming a Big Sister!



Our family is so blessed to have such supportive family and friends who have helped us along this long and emotional journey. It's not over yet, but soon Zoey will be home with us!

2 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Hey Amanda!
You DID deserve that shower and more! You are an amazing woman and I'm so glad God brought our lives together just at this point! I'm counting down to Zoey as you are and praying for you daily!
Love,
Laine

Hope Bosworth said...

Amanda,
I love your blogspot!
Your family is so special to us.

I agree with Laine's comment that there is no one more deserving that you and your family for such a wonderful baby shower.

God has chosen such a wonderful family for Zoey. To have the courage to go through this type of adoption process, to wait and wait and still not know is a display of your strong faith and commitment to God. I know that He will truly bless you!

My prayers are constant . . . Zoey will be here before you know it!Love, Hope