Thursday, November 27, 2008

Fun with Nana


My mom has been staying with us since I had surgery last Thursday which has been awesome, but hard at the same time. Everyone says I am supposed to relax, but that is kind of hard when your baby is screaming and holding onto your leg because you can't pick her up or tuck her in. Next week will be tough too because I am going back to work Monday, which means she goes back to daycare, and I still can bend over or pick up anything over 10 lbs. In some ways I think it's been good for Zoey though because she is VERY attached to me and she has been spending more time with Vince too which has been good for their attachment. He has been putting her to bed and she goes right to sleep. I think when I am back to my old self it will help me out in some of life's daily activities that they are more attached. Your really don't realize how much you stoop and bend at the waiste on a daily basis, not doing that has been REALLY hard!
Well anyway, not only has my mom been taking care of Zoey because like I said I can't pick her up or anything, but she also has knack of getting your house in order. She has organized my kitchen, cleaned out Madison's room, redecorated Madison's room (that's her Christmas present from my parents) and is cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Mom has gotten some precious pictures of her. That precious angel face just makes me melt. She is a little stinker too, always trying to sneak up the stairs. And the really scary thing is that she has made all the way to the top twice and we didn't even know it until she came walking into the room upstairs, once I was up there the other time Vince was.She is trying to put on her socks and shoes herself now and gets so frustrated when she can't get them on. Zoey LOVES this little house toy. She will play with it the longest that she has ever played with any other toy really. And she really likes it when someone else will crawl in and out of the door with her. (Jan, obviously the whole family has gotten to enjoy this wonderful toy you gave us) It's the highlight in our den! Zoey didn't like it that Vince was walking around with it on like he was stuck in it, but we thought it was hysterical!
Yesterday afternoon Mom and Zoey were playing outside in Zoey's playhouse. Vince got this playhouse at a yard sale in our neighborhood about 2 months ago for just a few dollars and Zoey LOVES IT!!!!! I am in love with my moms camera. I was playing with it and got some cute pictures while they were playing and a little video. I just love to hear her laugh!

2 comments:

Jen Talley said...

Amanda

She is sooo adorable. Can't wait tostart planning the reunion.

Steve and Jan said...

Amanda,

I'm so glad Zoey likes the little "house". My kids loved it too. I actually found the third piece of mail that was missing just the other day, so I will mail that to you.

I'm glad you are doing well. I hope you continue to improve and will be totally healed soon. I wish I was there so I could do something for you.

I'll send you an email later.

Love ya,
Jan