Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Finally Blogging

Well I have had people tell me that I needed to start a blog so here I am. I have tried to be pretty good about sending out adoption update emails to keep friends and family updated on our ever so slow process, but this way you can read it if you want to. I hope that I can do our blog justice. I have seen so many created by our friends who are waiting or who have been to get their little angels already and they do such a great job. Anyway, to start off our blog I don't have any new news for those of you who get updates from us. For anyone who happens upon this blog I'll give you a brief summary. We started our paperchase for China in June of 2005. Our dossier went to China in November and we are logged on 12-12-05. We are waiting as patiently as possible for our daughter and when I saw "patiently as possible" I mean it. It has been a very hard, emotional, and LONG process that we didn't completely expect. When we began our paperchase the wait was estimated to be 6-9 months and now here we are almost 17 months from our log in date (LID). But we will wait as long as God wants us to, we know there is a reason for the wait and it's because He has one particular special little baby picked for us, that will be a perfect fit for our family!

7 comments:

Lee Marlow said...

This is so cool! We also can't wait to meet our new niece Zoey. You guys have been unbelievable patient throughout this process, and it will all be worth it when Zoey is home safe and sound. She will be the luckiest little girl in the world, besides Madison. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Amanda! Love this new format for your news bulletins...So proud of you for staying with this process. I know that when you've got your Zoey in your lap, it will all be SO worth it.

Blessings on you and your family - remember that "God is working His purpose out" and that His timing is always better than ours.

Love you much,
Eileen

The Ferrill's said...

Amanda you did a GREAT job on the blog! I am very impressed! We need to get together again! Are you feeling better! You sounded so hoarse at dance pictures!
Love,
Laine

Joy said...

I am so excited and proud of the three of you....the time of waiting will well be worth it! We cannot wait to meet our new granddaughter - Zoey. Another blessing in our life. We love you -
Mom

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea to share your thoughts with everyone. I know how Joy has anticipated this little one and how excited she is to get to go with you to get her. I will pray that the time passes fast and that before you know it you will have your little one with you here in the USA. God's clock is never slow, so just know that He has the very time all set for you and it will be wonderful.
May God shower His richest blessings on your family.
Love,
B.J.Boyanton

Anonymous said...

You are such a cool hip mom!! I can't wait to see that beautiful girl. I love you all.
H

Anonymous said...

This is great! This is the first "blog" I've ever been on (I really didn't even know what it meant...sad!). It's awesome that I can keep up with everything that's going on this way. You are awesome and Zoey is going to be one lucky little girl!!

Love you,
Alison