Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Blessed Mom!

This past weekend was a busy one. We started out Saturday with ice skating as usual. Ice skating is all year round, so we stay busy with it on Saturdays, but Madison has such a passion for it and is good! I have no clue where she developed that talent, definitely not from me! Being athletically challenged myself I have really enjoyed watching her excel at a sport, especially one that she loves. In June she will have been taking for a year and she has advanced seven levels, we're so proud of our ice princess!
After ice skating, Madison and I got to go to a wonderful birthday tea party for our friend Bailey. It was absolutely incredible. All the girls got to make tiaras, pick out some fancy jewelry, were given feather boas, and got glitter sprinkled on them to add a little fancy! They had such a great time. All of the food was so delicious and the cake was in the shape of a big flowered hat. The birthday girl will be set for art supplies for the rest of the year!
The final stop of the day was for our nieces dance recital. They did such a wonderful job. They both were center stage for both their dances and were the only ones who actually knew the whole dance. It was a shining moment and we were all so proud!

It was a perfect mother's day weekend, God has truly blessed me with wonderful friends and family.

4 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Athletically challenged my foot! I've heard about you on the soccer fields, Mrs. Mia Hamm!
I needed Madison with me today as I took Katie Lyn's 5th grade Sunday School class ice skating in Pelham. Graceful, I was not, but it was fun!
I would love to come see Madison one Saturday!
She did AWESOME in the dance recital this weekend! She can shake it like no one else! Go Madison! Katie Lyn was yelling for you!
Love,
Laine

Journey to Lilly! said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I have read some of yours & will be following along your journey to Zoey. I love to see these sweet babies come home.

You have a beautiful family!

Blessings to you,
kim

G and C said...

Amanda,
Just found your comment on our blog! Thank you! Having already been to China once, I know what you are thinking/feeling about the long flight and being in a different country. A verse God gave me before we traveled answered a lot of my questions and gave me peace -Genesis 28:15 "Behold I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you." I love your dream of adopting more children! I have the same dream! We could be like Laine and go for two at once?? Isn't she amazing-I just love her! I guess I'm tagged now- I better come up with a few interesting facts!
Blessings,
Cheri

The Ferrill's said...

Amanda I love your 7 things! Barry Manilow? That is cracking me up! You are going to do so great on your trip to China. It will be so much fun! And I think that is incredible that you want to adopt again! Yay! I so can't wait for Zoey, Kimmie and Quan to get to Springville! Watch out soccer fields...it will never be the same again!
Love,
Laine