Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm tagged

So, last Friday night I ran into my friend Laine at dance recital practice and she told me she had tagged me, which apparently means I am supposed to tell 7 things about myself that people might not know. Before that, I have to say how blessed I am to have her for my friend. She is one of the strongest, most wonderful people I know and I am truly amazed at her spirit!
I am supposed to tag someone else too, but I don't really know any other bloggers, but here are my seven things:
1. I LOVE Barry Manilow and the Carpenters. I have seen Barry in concert three times and would go a million more!
2. I took ballet for 8 years and danced on point. I wasn't ballerina material, but would absolutely love to take an adult ballet class.
3. I love to sing. I've never had the guts to really sing in front of people, I mean I did in high school at church and in church choir, but not in front of people now. I wish I did, but I would be so embarrassed.
4. I am terrified of being a mommy again. I know this time it will be similar, but different as well. The thought of Flying for 15 hours to China scares me to death and I feel sick to my stomach thinking about it. I am so worried about being in another country. I know it's like labor in that it will ABSOLUTELY be worth it and once I'm on the plane I won't even think about being scared any more because I will be so overcome with the joy of meeting my sweet baby!
5. If I could choose any job in the world I would want to be a cartoon voice over! I think that would be so much fun.
6. Right after Vince and I got married I started watching The Crocodile Hunter and I cried when I found out Steve Irwin died. I've wanted to go to Australia for years and visit the Australia Zoo that he and his wife ran together.
7. Although it's been a very long and emotional process to adopt, I would like to adopt another child. God has put every person on this earth for a reason, and each person has their own way of ministering God's word to others. Some of us have several ways of ministering and God lets us know how He wants to use us to do His work. One way I can follow Him is by helping people to hear better, by being an audiologist. But I know in my heart that He also wants Vince and I to have a larger family and that means opening our home, our hearts, and our lives to a child that needs a mommy and daddy. If this is what He wants for us I know that door will open eventually and He will show us the way through it.

As we get closer to getting our Zoey, please keep us in your prayers. It's been a long journey already, but we still have a ways to go!