Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Garage Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labor day weekend we had a huge garage sale. We had decided a while back to have one after some friends that were adopting from China had such great success with theirs. We sent fliers out to our whole neighborhood and to all of our email address list to let people know we were having it and that we were excepting donations. God was completely behind this idea and its success. What an amazing outpouring of love and support from our friends and neighbors!!!!!! You can see from the pictures of our garage we received sooooooooo many donations. We were completely overwhelmed. And what is really amazing is that these pictures, I hate to say these were taken on Friday night, after the first day of the garage sale. I totally forgot to take any pictures before the sale or during it on Friday, I was so overwhelmed with how many people came! We were swamped Friday morning, I couldn't believe it. God is so good! I have to say that the garage sale itself would have never even happened if it hadn't been for the long hours of help from my friend Hope. She helped me organize, price, move stuff, hang clothes, she was absolutely amazing and I am so appreciative of what all she did to help us get ready! Her whole family, Pat for bringing all the tables, donations, and lunch, Neely, Gibson, and Alec all pitched in in some way to help out and we love you guys so much! I also have to thank Madison and Vince for bearing with me the week of the garage sale, I know I was a complete ball of stress. I have to thank my sister, Lee, for delivering many of the items to my house and for helping that weekend, my nieces Michela, Emily, and Suzanna, and brother in law Tyler for coming and helping Saturday and doing a fabulous job with the lemonaide stand!!!!!! My parents were a huge help, thank you so much for your donations (all of them!) for all of your love and support through this whole process, I love you more than you know and am so glad you'll be traveling with us! Vince's parents, thank you so much for all of your donations, for all of you love and support through this long process, you guys are such a blessing to us! Sandra and Tammy thank you both for helping out too with your donations, your tables, helping price, moral support, you'll never know how much I appreciate it and Brian for bringing the popup canopies, it really helped Saturday! And anyone else I didn't mention you know who you are and how much we love you and thank you for everything! Laine and Rob, you guys are such an inspiration to us and we thank God everyday that we have met you and have you to learn the ropes from! Everyone who donated items-we made enough that weekend to pay for a plane ticket to China, which is absolutely amazing, we have to thank God, without Him none of any of this adoption would be possible. We are so truly blessed to have such incredible family and friends! Thank you all so much!


This would be Saturday night after the garage sale, it was time for a little R and R!!!!!!! And a girls night sleepover!

3 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

SOOOOOOOO glad you had such an awesome outpouring at your yard sale! God is so great! Beyond what we imagine!
I'm impressed you could do a sleepover afterwards..I was SO beat!
Love,
Laine

wareaglefam said...

I am so excited to see that you guys made so much money for Zoey! God does provide.

Love,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

You write very well.