Friday, October 26, 2007

Brownies and Boo at the Zoo

I am so behind in my posts!!!!!! Several weeks ago Madison's Brownie Troop went to "Boo at the Zoo" and we all had a ball. The girls even got to be on NBC 13 News with Jerry Tracy doing the weather report. This is Madison's first year in Brownies and mine. I didn't do it when I was little so this is a new experience for me as well. Of course everyone had to get their face painted. Madison and Neely picked this beautiful green witch. Some girls got their whole faces painted like a candy corn. We saw all kinds of ghosts and goblins. We even saw superheroes and some characters from Harry Potter. This creepy skeleton pirate danced. The scariest thing I saw was the big bird poop on my shirt. Honestly, that is the 8th time in my life that I have been pooped on by a bird. Of course there is always time to pose with cute ghosts! We all made tye-dyed shirts and had our Brownie Troop number embroidered on them. They turned out really cute. This particular night was one of the first chilly nights we had so we HAD to stop at Starbucks before going home for some hot coffee and hot chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody say CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!! Madison already has several friends in Brownies and I know will make many more because of being in the troop. They get to do all kinds of neat and fulfilling activities to earn badges. One they have already done is to make placemats and put together bags of toiletry items for the prisons. On their placemats, they were to draw ways that show Gods love for you. Next weekend, we get to go to Camp Coleman to learn how to take care of horses and how to ride them, which should be really interesting! Madison is scared of them and I don't really like to ride them, not a good mix! I will be sure to post some pics.

2 comments:

wareaglefam said...

Awesome pictures...except for the bird poop one! It looks like ya'll had a great time. I really should take the kids, but I admit that we've never gone! Hope to see you soon!
Love,
Tracy

The Ferrill's said...

Boo at the Zoo is so much fun!
I am amazed that I have found another person that has been pooped on as much as I have. For real...I HATE it when people feed the sea gulls at the beach because I always get pooped on. I've even been pooped on TWICE through the sunroof of my car! There is a hidden target on my head I'm convinced!
I love Starbucks and am getting quite addicted to two of their flavored coffees!
Okay, time is ticking. Yall HAVE to come over like SOOOOOOOONNNNN!!! We can put our pics on a slide show to view, get yall over and have a CHINA PARTY!!!!!!!!