Monday, October 1, 2007

Eventful Week!

This isn't a typical entry, but I wanted to share this with all of you. Last Wednesday, I was in a car accident on I-59. I was going to Trussville to St. Vincent's East to have some Pre-Op bloodwork done because I had surgery Friday the 28th (which went fine). I was at the Argo exit when a car came over into my lane (the left hand lane) and ran me off the road. I lost control of the car and crossed both lanes of traffic to the far right and hit the guardrail then bounced back across hitting the other car and we ended up in the median. God had His hand guiding my car that day because I only had a bump on my head and some bruising on my side and legs. The other people involved were not hurt at all, thank God. The paramedics came and took me to the hospital to make sure my head, neck, etc. were ok, which they were. My car is totalled (well the insurance company hasn't officially said that yet, but look at the pictures). These are the pictures that Vince took Thursday morning when he went to clean it out. I've never been in a wreck before, well a fender bender, but nothing like this. I've never been so scared in my whole life, to see that you are going to hit something and there is nothing you can do about it. I can remember thanking God that I was alone and that I had my seatbelt on when I saw the guardrail coming. I have reflected back on the accident about a million times since last Wednesday, especially while on all the pain medicine from my surgery Friday, and it is so scary to think about what could've happened. After seeing my skid marks on I-59 it is such a miracle that my car didn't flip over or that I didn't get hit by an 18wheeler. Like I said God truly was there with me and protected me that day. I am very blessed to have walked away from this with no cuts or scrapes at all! You never know what is going to happen, but I have always tried to remember to Thank God everyday when I wake up for another day and I know that I won't forget to do it again!

7 comments:

JasonC said...

Glad you are okay.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are okay

Jen Talley said...

Oh my Amanda!! How crazy is that!!! Glad you are fine.

wareaglefam said...

We are so thankful that God brought you through that awful experience in one piece. The car looks horrible, and it gave me chills just looking at it. Praise God that you were not severely injured and that your surgery went well. Please let me know how we can help in any way.
Love to all our Blaszczynski Friends!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Amanda! I am so grateful you are okay. If you need anything, please let me know. I will be praying for your speedy recovery from surgery.

Love,
Jan

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda, Vince and Madison,

Glad you are OK. What a horrible experience.
I am glad you are thru with the surgery too. Lee told me and I am ashamed I haven't sent you a card or anything. Get well soon.
Bernice

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Amanda those pics are unbelievable. Thank you God for protecting sweet Amanda! He knows you've got a BIG trip coming up soon!
:)
Hope your recovery from surgery has been smooth!
Love,
Laine