Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend with family

We traveled to Huntsville this past weekend to visit with my parents and re-celebrate Zoey's birthday and Father's Day. We had a great time. I had to share these precious pictures that my sister and mom took of Zoey eating her cupcake. She didn't hesitate at all this time to dig into that yummy icing! She was not shy about shoving the cupcake in and enjoying every bite of it!Again we had to opt for the sink bath and even put her in ,in her clothes, which helped to wash the icing out of that too. We ate way too much, although it was very delicious- fried catfish, hushpuppies, corn, fried okra, cornbread (all of this was not at the same meal although I probably could if it was in front of me). Saturday my sister Lee and two of my nieces Emily and Suzanna, came up for the day. We ran some errands around town and then that afternoon Vince helped them shoot off Mentos rockets. Have any of you heard of this? It's like an episode of Myth Busters. If you mix Mento's Candy and Diet Soda, it will propel a rocket up in the air. You can buy it in a kit, my mom had bought them for the girls. It was really cool. Saturday night Vince, Madison and I went to see Indiana Jones for Vince's Father's Day gift. We had a great time actually getting to go to a movie and we really enjoyed it. Sunday morning we got up and went to church with my parents to show off the girls. All mom and dad's friends enjoyed getting to see them, it's been a while since we've been up there for the whole weekend and the first time since bringing Zoey home. It was a wonderful relaxing weekend. Happy Father's Day to all you dad's out there. I hope you had a great day!

2 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

That is WAY cool...I have never heard of that rocket!
I love the yellow cupcake face! ;)
I bet you loved getting to spend some time with your parents!

wareaglefam said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend at home! We have done the Mentos experiment. The boys LOVED it!!
Love you!
The McWhorters