Monday, July 7, 2008

My Grandma's Birthday


The last two summer's around the 4th of July my grandparents have rented a house on Guntersville Lake and had us over for a day of fun and fishing.

Look at those cute beach babes!

Zoey got to try out wearing shoes, literally walking in them for one of the first times. She did pretty good after realizing that she couldn't shake them off her feet, but still is not a huge fan of them!

My Grandmother's birthday is July 1st so it's really a birthday celebration.

Me and the girls drove over on Saturday the 28th of June, Vince was sick so he missed out on the fun. Lee, Tyler, and their girls, my parents, and my great aunt and uncle were all there too.

I think all the girls caught at least one small fish and got in the lake at some point.

Several enjoyed a nice round of horseshoes and I tried to play ball with Zoey.

She wasn't too interested in giving it back!

I have to say my navigating of the dingy was not so great, that's a job for "Uncle Vince/Daddy" and since he wasn't there I gave it my best shot, but was inevitably told that I wasn't good at it and no fun.

Uncle Tyler did a much better job when he and Emily went out.

Madison and Suzanna stuck with just swimming.

We ate too much, just visited with each other and enjoyed the wonderful day at the lake!

3 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

I hope Vince is better! I just sent you an email giving you a hard time for not updating! ;) And look, here yall are! I love all these pics! Zoey is such a doll in her shoes! So cute! Looks like lots of fun at the lake! I'd be about like you in that dinghy!
Miss yall!
Love,
Laine

lee marlow said...

I think you did a great job with the dingy...much better than me...who didn't even try! Don't beat yourself up! It was a fun day!

wareaglefam said...

We LOVE the lake, but we stick to nice, big motor boats! The boys love to fish with their Papa off the dock.
Miss you,
Tracy