Saturday, December 8, 2007

I am so overwhelmed with love!

The last two days have just been unbelievable to me and Vince. Not only are we mentally exhausted from being on pins and needles wondering when we would get the call, but physically exhausted because neither of us have slept well wondering and waiting. I know that we have never received so many phone calls and emails of congratulations. Emails from people all over the world that we've never even met who've said they have been following our blog and are so thrilled for our family. Madison has been carrying around a picture of Zoey wherever she goes and honestly every so often she will open it up and say, "I just can't believe how cute she is, I wish she was here now." It just touches my heart. We have already been blessed with the birth of a wonderful amazing daughter, who I can't believe is 7 years old and now God has led us on this long, but incredible journey to Zoey who we know will be the perfect fit for our family. You can tell just from her picture, she's already sticking her tongue out at the photographer! We can't wait to kiss all over those sweet cheeks! Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive these last two years and in advance for the time to come. God has definately taught us some important lessons already and I know for me, I have many more to learn from Him. I thank Him everyday for the life He has blessed me with, I don't deserve what He has given me, but I am sure going to continue to try my best to live in His ways, wherever that takes me. I have prayed everyday since I found out we were expecting Madison that God lead me to be a good parent who will lead my children to be good Christians and love God and Jesus with all their hearts. And now more than ever I pray that same prayer because this child was chosen for our family, we already love her so much and it seems so strange that she's not here in our house. There is a void there and we've never even held her. I've said in a previous post how afraid Iam of the trip to China and still am, but now I am so ready to go get her and bring her HOME that the fear of the trip is not nearly the issue it was before! Thanks again to everyone for their love and support! Please keep all of the adopting families in your thoughts and prayers as we now wait for our travel appointments and prepare for the rest of the journey!

6 comments:

Jen Talley said...

Amanda

You have expressed everything I have been feeling!!! My heart is so full right for my daughter. I've been dreaming about her and it's just wonderful!!!

The Ferrill's said...

I know you are so ready to get your hands on that baby! This time is going to FLY! So much to do!
Your post is so very sweet. I can see inside your heart at all the love just ready to spill out all over little Zoey! Adoption goes so much further than we ever imagine. Just think how it is affecting Madison's little heart for eternity! The seeds that are being planted through this adoption will grow into a mighty harvest-and we know the harvest will be plentiful and full of righteousness!
Praise the Lord!
Love,
Laine
P.S.--are you still on cloud 9 or have you reached the "getting ready to travel" cloud? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! Congratulations! Zoey is BEAUTIFUL!!! She and Ella Kate are right together. Ella Kate's birthday is June 28th. They can be dance buddies. I will go ahead and put them on the schedule for 2009! Congrats again! We are so praying for you guys! Love, Shalita

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! Congratulations! Zoey is BEAUTIFUL!!! She and Ella Kate are right together. Ella Kate's birthday is June 28th. They can be dance buddies. I will go ahead and put them on the schedule for 2009! Congrats again! We are so praying for you guys! Love, Shalita

Pandamonium Mom said...

Congratulations! I found your blog from the Ferrill's blog. Zoey is absolutely precious and I know you can't wait to go get her!!

On a totally different note, the Halloween pictures you posted were about the funniest I've seen! It made me laugh out loud!

DeEtte (mama to a 4 year old sweetheart from Wuhan, China)

Robyn said...

Congratulations!! She is precious. I have been following your blog from the Ferrill's blog. I am so happy for you guys I'm sure you cannot wait to hold that precious baby girl!!
Congratulations again!
Robyn