Tuesday, April 1, 2008

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE.....a little late!

What a wonderful Easter Weekend we had. We started on Friday night with our nieces coming over for a sleepover and dying Easter Eggs. We had an obscene amount of eggs to dye thanks to Nana contributing them. We had all kinds of dyes to use, including stickers and glitter. The eggs all turned out so pretty, the girls did a great job. What would an egg dying event be without a major spill. Poor Suzanna, at least it washed out! And Emily had a nosebleed in the middle of it too, but I thought I would spare you all a picture of that. Vince built a big fort in the den for the girls to sleep in. He's tried on several occasions to build a good one, but the blankets just won't stay up, so this time we brought in a small portable shelter that you would use on the beach and then put blankets on that. It worked really well and the girls had fun. Zoey and even Scout tried to get in on the fun! They all curled up and watched The BEE MOVIE, which they said was good, I didn't get to see any of it. Vince and I had clean up duty in the kitchen. Saturday we played, rode bikes (which by the way Zoey looks so precious in her helmut but will NOT leave it on, no matter how tight we have it she can get it off), and relaxed. Easter Sunday we got up and went to Mass and then went to my sister Lee's for Easter lunch and an Easter Egg Hunt. Before changing clothes we had to take advantage of the beautiful day and make some family pictures. I know I am partial, but the girls looked so precious! I just love how the pictures turned out! Such an angel, God is so amazing to bring two beautiful girls into our lives. I am such a blessed mother and wife to have been given my wonderful family!We spent the afternoon at their house with all of our families and the Benedict family. Tyler cooked out ribs and chicken, which were delicious. Everyone brought a little something for a side dish and then we had bunny carrot cake for desert. The egg hunt was a hit. There were even prize eggs with money for the kids to find. Look at all those smiles after the cash had been found!

Vince decided to let Zoey try out the trampoline. She thought that was the most fun thing in the whole wide world. She laughed so hard just bobbing up and down on it (of course he didn't bounce her high or even off the trampoline). It was just amazing to think that a year ago around Easter I started our blog and here it is a year later and we are a family of 4! It was a blessed Easter weekend!




4 comments:

lee marlow said...

What a sweet family! I am so glad you updated...I am still addicted to the blog. Zoey is the perfect addition to our family...her smile and laugh are infectious! And madison is such a great big sis! We love you guys...

wareaglefam said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I loved all the pictures and the update. I'm with Lee...I've been missing the updates!
Love you,
Tracy

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

THANKS Lee..I am also addicted and have been getting a little pissy that you haven't updated.....but now I am calm and have my fix....You know I love you!!!!! For real though, love the pics I need to hold Zoey again I miss her face and yours too!!! Love ya!

The Ferrill's said...

Beautiful Easter pics! Your girls are so pretty! I love the eggs too, and the mess! I know your heart is so full to have Zoey home at last! What a sweet first Easter!