Friday, April 25, 2008

Medical update

Really since we've been home no major ailments for anyone. I thought I would give a synopsis of Zoey's health since we've been home. She went for an eval at the adoption clinic and everything was great, but she had some fluid in her ears so we did a round of antibiotics. She went for her first pediatrician visit and again everything looked great and she got her first round of vaccines in March. About a week after that she started running a fever of 102 so I took her back to the pediatrician and they said her ears were a little red but no biggie. Then the next night, March 31st, she literally screamed ALL NIGHT LONG, so I knew she had an ear infection if not both ears. So April 1st I took her to one of my ENT's after I did tympanograms on her and sure enough she had two infections. We did a round of antibiotics and scheduled to go back in three weeks. Last Friday afternoon the 18th she saw Dr. Lewis for an eye exam and everything looked perfect! Monday she went back for her second round of vaccines and she has done great. She has been sleeping fine, but ever since we got her she has always pulled and batted at her ears. We've wondered if it was a self soothing thing or if they really bothered her because she does it mostly at bedtime. Well we went for recheck of her ears this morning and she still has fluid. Being an audiologist I know all the "we can do this for so many weeks, or we can try this", but I just said, "Tubes is my choice. Let's do it!" So next Thursday morning Zoey is having tubes put in her ears. We went through this with Madison too and I know it will be fine. So that is a brief summary of everything, just keep her in your prayers next Thursday!

2 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Oh I will be praying for Zoey! Yes, tubes are wonderful, aren't they? Who is doing hers?
Praise the Lord she has been so healthy! Especially through a horrible flu season!
I love the pics of her and your mom below...so sweet!

Steve and Jan said...

Amanda,

We'll be praying for little Zoey. Glad to hear everything else is going well.

Love,
Jan