Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Zoey is on the move!

Well last Thursday (which when I started this post would've been 3-27) Zoey officially started what I consider crawling. Others may call is scooting or creeping, but whatever the classification-she is EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! When I say everywhere I mean it. No area unexplored no anything unturned. We have managed, somehow, to not venture to the steps yet, but I know it won't be long. She is such a busy body, but she has started finally sleeping through the night and it has to be because she is wearing herself out! She is also pulling up on anything and everything. It doesn't matter if it is a block or the dog, she will find a way to stand up. I truly think she will be walking within the next month. She is walking around holding our hands, and even tries to let go one hand at a time. Of course with pulling up comes the injuries, luckily no major ones yet, but she will be my child to go to the emergency room. She is fearless when it comes to that. The only thing she seems to be scared of is still the dog, although that is getting much much better. She just doesn't want her in her face at all and Scout is an in your face kind of dog. She would give everyone a lick bath if they would let her.
I can't even get a picture of them together because she won't sit close to her long enough to take one. Although now that she has started eating Cheerios she thinks it's funny to tease Scout with them and will wave it in her face and then NOT give it to her. It's so amazing to see how far her development has come in these short months we've been home. People had told us she would catch up in her motor skills but I don't think either of us expected it this quickly. God has truly blessed all of us. I knew all this time our lives would change in many ways, good ways, and this unbelievable gift that is Zoey has exceeded all of my hopes and dreams thus far. I thank God everyday for my beautiful girls, our miracle born to us, Madison, and the child He chose for us, Zoey. Of course every family has it's up and down moments and some days it seems it's more downs for some reason, but even on those days I can get in my bed at night with the world's most wonderful husband and be amazingly overjoyed with the life that God has given me and I know how blessed I am.

1 comment:

The Ferrill's said...

LOVED seeing yall in the parking lot of dance, Amanda! Zoey is just growing and I can't believe how mobile she is! AMAZING! You ARE so blessed indeed! You put it so perfectly when you said: "Of course every family has it's up and down moments and some days it seems it's more downs for some reason, but even on those days I can get in my bed at night with the world's most wonderful husband and be amazingly overjoyed with the life that God has given me and I know how blessed I am." AMEN!