Friday, February 8, 2008

1 week over and on to 2


Well we've been home over a week and I can't believe how it has flown by. I have often wondered what my friends do that stay home. Don't they get bored? How can they say that they don't have time to get things done? Well God has answered that question for me in a big way! I was so proud of myself yesterday because I unloaded the dishwasher and folded a load of clothes while Zoey was napping. I took a 7 week maternity leave with Madison, but an infant is different. Sure you hold them and feed them and change their diaper, but they also sleep alot and don't play. Zoey has been awake pretty much all week, including nighttime, and loves to play. So during the day, we've been sitting on the floor playing or having visitors. Last night (Thursday) was the first night we haven't been up for three and a half hours straight. I hadn't thought about swaddling her with blankets because in my mind I think how terrible that she has been swaddled in blankets for 7 months, but then a friend pointed out to me that that is all she has known and it might make things easier in transission and sure enough it seemed to work. YIPPEE for all of us! Aside from that things have been great. It's so nice to be home finally and in my bed! I can actually drink water in the shower if I want to. Zoey has not been gorging herself with food anymore either. She's not eating half what she was in China, which has made us wonder if her eating so much was a stress thing those two weeks while adjusting to us. And another thing is I think she is cutting her first tooth, but a molar. Has anyone heard of this? She has a big bump in the back and that is where she is constantly knawing on things. Madison had a program at school last Thursday night and we all went. Zoey did great. She didn't even cry when the music got loud. The program was so good. The 2nd grade at SES was wonderful. It was a patriotic theme and about the states. Madison was right in front! She was Vermont and Washington. Zoey got to go to ice skating last Saturday for the first time, Madison was so excited to show her to her teachers and coaches. She also went to Mass for the first time on Sunday. She did pretty good, but we did have to go to the cry room before half the service was over. Tomorrow we go to the Adoption Clinic for her evaluation. I am really excited to see how things are going with her. Of course, I think wonderful, but it will be good to see what the pediatrician and OT think. She is sleeping great during the night and day, which has made everything better. We got some cleaning done today, sheets washing, vaccumed with her in the hip pack, and mopped. For those who kept up with my blog, my mom went to China with us as you know, and has been sick (very sick) since we got home. She had to have an MRI yesterday on her back. She's had trouble walking and it's looking like she possibly has a bulging disk. Please keep her in your prayers. We all want her feeling better soon! Hopefully she'll hear something about those results soon. I am going to try to get some pictures posted in the next few days.

10 comments:

djandsharon said...

Am so happy for your family of 4 :> that everything is working out so wonderfully.
We will put your mom on our prayer list and hope that everything will turn out o-k.
Take care and keep us posted on the girls and about how well Zoey is adjusting.
DJ and Sharon Allen

our treasures said...

I am glad things are going well for Zoey. Mossy is adjustimg well. Sorry that Mrs. Joy is not doing well, she was a real trooper as was Madison.

Courtney said...

Hey guys, I hate to hear that your mom is not feeling well. Send her our love please and we'll keep her in our prayers. Hope she is back to her perky self soon!
Also, glad that all is going well now that you are home. Blessing!

Carla said...

So glad to hear your update, I've been wondering. I'll be praying for your Mom as well, hope she's feeling better soon.

Christine said...

I'm so glad you updated...I needed a fix! I've been checking the blog constantly but didn't want to call as you are all adjusting! Tatum and I do want to come visit when ya'll are ready for visitors.

When I was at your house before ya'll got back I was thinking how nice it was that your house was so organized. It reminded me of how my life was a couple of years ago when the two older girls were on such a great schedule and I could actually clean during their naptime. Like you said...there are days (especially when Patrick is out of town) I'm just impressed with myself if everyone is clean and fed! I know it will get easier for us both to clean the house though as our precious 8 month olds grow! And nothing is more important than playing with them and loving them when they are this little!
Can't wait to see you and play!
Love, Christine

wareaglefam said...

I hope that your mom gets better soon...there is nothing like back pain! Bless her.
It was awesome seeing you the other day. I enjoyed talking with you and playing with Zoey without ole jealous girl around!! Hope to see you soon!
Love,
Tracy

The Ferrill's said...

Amanda it was SO great to see you and Zoey the other day! Even if it was just for a minute! I can't wait to hear how the adoption clinic went...they are so wonderful! Sounds like everything is going so great! I will pray for your mom!
Love,
Laine

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear Zoey is adjusting and you all are doing well and happy being back in your own element. I've kept up with your blog all through your trip and we've been praying for you guys through it all. Now, we'll add asking for healing for your mother to that list! Please take care - and Happy Valentines Day!!

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Ivy can't stop talking about Baby Zoey, and Heather and I are having a competition on who Zoey loves more. Don't tell her but I KNOW she loves me the most!!!! JK H! Anyway, Sorry about your mom, we'll keep her in our prayers, let me know how things turn out!!!!! Love ya! OH, and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Shades Valley Choral Department said...

Girl... that baby is so sweet. And EVERYONE knows that she loves me much more than Shawn. I mean who doesn't?? haha. Can't wait to come see ya'll again soon.
love you
heather