Monday, February 18, 2008

Recent Outings and Family Visits

Saturday morning the 9th was Zoey's first trip to ice skating. Madison had a ball getting to show everyone her new little sister. Zoey had several offers for a ride around the rink with one of the coaches, but we had to pass this time, maybe another day, Mommy is not quite ready for that yet!
Sunday the 10th, after church we went and had lunch at Aunt Lee and Uncle Tyler's house (my sister and brother in law). We all had a great time getting to visit, the first time really since getting back from China. All the cousins really enjoyed seeing each other and Zoey loved them all!After lunch Madison, Suzanna, Emily, me, Hope, and Neely all went to see the Hannah Montana 3D movie. They all had a ball and the 3 D glasses are fabulous!

Last Sunday, Vince took Zoey visit her Nona and Uncle David. They had a great time visiting and playing with Zoey!
Of course after Madison's PSR class Sunday morning we had to stop at Starbucks. Look at Zoey trying to grab her straw. The funniest thing is that we went to Target and were looking at some clothes and I saw a straw on the floor. I looked to see if one of us had dropped it and sure enough Vince's was gone. I look over and Zoey has chocolate all over her face and hands. She had grabbed that straw in no time and slurped up that chocolate and whipped cream. We've created a monster!
Saturday afternoon we went to Reconciliation and then to Mass. Zoey was looking absolutely adorable in her new outfit that Ms. Heather brought her last weekend. She is stylin'!
Sunday afternoon we went to Vince's parents to spend the afternoon for our neice's 1st birthday. This was the first time that Vince's sister, brother in law, and our nephews have gotten to meet Zoey. We all had a great time and Sarah and Zoey will grow up to be great buddies I am sure!



Monday on Presidents Day, Madison, Zoey, and I went to Huntsville to visit my parents and my grandparents. It was a nice but short visit. Zoey loved my Dad and Grandparents, and of course was thrilled to get to see her Nana again. I know they have really missed each other. Thank you all for your prayers for my mom. She is doing much better. She does have a bulging disk in her lower back and will start physical therapy soon and is visiting a chiropractor, but is really feeling a lot better!

Only home a little over two weeks and we've dragged this sweet baby everywhere. But if your going to be in this family that's the way we roll! She is really doing well, I am able to cradle her for bottles all the time now. She is sleeping through the night (at least the last few nights), and even drank juice today! She is eating well, napping well, babbling, playing, just thriving. I wish I didn't have to go back to work in two weeks, I soooooooo dread it, but we'll make it through just like when Madison was a baby, it will just break my heart though, like it did 7 years ago. But Madison has done great and I am sure Zoey will too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of the new pics! She seems to be very happy. What a sweet family of four!!! Thanks for sharing your journey with me.
Tanya Hardiman

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Fab pics, thanks for posting I have been WAITING!!!! Call me this week, we need to get together....Ivy has not stopped talking about Zoey, she is in love with her, like all of us!!

Courtney said...

LOve seeing these happy pictures of Zoey!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, all I can say is what a beautiful family you have! It is amazing to see how well you guys have melded together.

Rhonda and Mike

wareaglefam said...

I loved seeing all of the wonderful pictures...except the potty one. I can say is YUCK on that one!
Love you,
Tracy