Sunday, February 3, 2008

WE'RE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We made it home last night about 9:30. I've never been so glad to be in the USA and in Alabama in my life. We ate McDonald's at the Chicago airport last night and it was the best burger I've ever eaten in my life. Zoey welcomed everyone at the airport with open arms. She smile at her grandparents and all of her extended friends and family very excitedly. After such a long trip I think she did better than we did. We have to thank everyone who came to the airport to welcome us, the ones who cleaned our house and stocked our fridge and cabinets, and all those who have called, sent gifts and come to visit. You'll never know how much all of you mean to us! We were welcomed home with a beautiful sign in our front yard, balloons all over, and a pink bow on the mailbox. Tonight our good friends the McWhorters brought a fabulous dinner and dessert. And whoever left the Milo's tea on our porch, THANK YOU so much! We have truly been overwhelmed by loving kindness! Zoey slept great in her bed last night. We all went to bed late and got up late, but hopefully that is a good thing and we will all get back on track quickly. Vince and Madison get back in the swing in the morning, which I know will be tough for all of us. We'll keep you posted on how life keeps on now that we are finally home. Thanks to all of you for your prayers while we've been gone, they definitely have been answered because we're all home safe and sound. Praise God! The rocking horse was a present from my grandfather, he made it for Zoey and it was waiting for us when we got home last night. Isn't it precious.

7 comments:

Shades Valley Choral Department said...

Amanda, I have never been so glad to hear your voice as when I talked to you today. Although it was a little rough haha... Thank you so much for letting me and the boys come over and visit today. After we left, Connor and Cameron talked about "baby Zoey" all afternoon. She is amazing. She is beautiful. She is so loving and personable... of course she is... she's a Blaszczynski. It's like she's always been there. I guess in a way, she has. Vince, you rock the house. You are such an amazing dad and husband. And your hairdo was totally awesome today - I think you should rock that do from now on! And Madison... what can I say about you? You are such a big girl. I am so proud of you. Oh, how I wish I'd had a sister like you when I was growing up. I love you all and can't wait to come visit again soon!!

Carla said...

So glad you are home!!! Sometime we will need to get Katie and Zoey together. I wish I could have been there to see you at the airport, and I know how wonderful it is to see familiar faces, be able to wash your hands, wash your face, and brush your teeth with tap water! :)

Welcome HOME!

Julie said...

So glad you are home! She is so precious and I enjoyed following your story! Day #3 home was the worst of the jet lag for us!

Julie

The Ferrill's said...

Amanda I am so glad we could be at the airport to see that sweet homecoming! Zoey was incredible! She is such a happy baby! I love the pics of her riding her little horsey and especially the one of yall walking in your home...HOME SWEET HOME! Now you really know how Dorothy felt..."There's no place like home!!!!!" We're so glad you're back!
Love,
Laine

Courtney said...

Yea! So glad you guys are home safely and glad to see smiles on Zoey's face. It's like our girls knew "home" the minute they walked in the door, doesn't it. Thanks be to God! I'm so glad to have met your wonderful family and look forward to reunions for the Poyang daughters!

wareaglefam said...

Yes...she is precious! I LOVED seeing all of you and getting to hold little Zoey. Kelley Anne didn't appreciate it, but I enjoyed it. Glad that you enjoyed supper. We are soooooooooooo glad that you guys are all home, safe and sound! Call if you need anything.
Love,
Tracy

Shirley said...

Glad to hear you made it home..Our little one was also from the Poyang SWI..Bo Can..and we have been home since July..Nice to follow your story and to see all those pictures of where we went also..brings back great memories!!
Best wishes to you and your new family!