Sunday, February 17, 2008

Confession

We went yesterday as a family for reconciliation. For those of you who don't know our family is Catholic and Madison will be getting her First Communion in April. Part of that process if for her to go for her first Reconciliation (confession), so we all went as a family yesterday. That is something I have had a hard time with, not being raised Catholic, I didn't feel like it was something I had to do to confess my sins to my priest, I mean I can do that directly to God. But I have learned some things going to meetings for Madison's First Communion and yes, I can confess directly to God, but going to confession is helpful to better my relationship with God by staying conscious of when I sin and my help me keep myself on track better if I go and talk to my priest about it,which is basically what reconciliation is. So Madison went yesterday and did great. I can't believe she is already that old to getting her First Communion.

5 comments:

lee marlow said...

How exciting! I am so proud of Madison, and can't wait for first communion..it is such a special time. I am with you on reconciliation...as much as I dread going, I always feel so much better after having gone. It is truly a weight off of your shoulders...and FR. Bill is so awesome. Congratulations to Madison!

Courtney said...

A,
I'm also a Catholic convert (converted from Protestant) as of two years ago! It's been such a wonderful experience for me. The practice of Confession has opened up such remarkable things for us. It's been an extension of Christ's peace to us through our Priest. We're happy for you guys and for Madison! We'll be baptising Elyza next Saturday in a private ceremony with our family!

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Such a great mom!!!! I swear, I love ya!!!

wareaglefam said...

They are getting so big, aren't they? I can't believe that Parker and Madison will be reaching his huge milestone in such a short time!

Tracy

The Ferrill's said...

Oh goody, updates!
I'm so proud of Madison, growing in the Lord and learning so much! I think that is so awesome!
And your clinic appt. was so interesting, I too did not know that about the bottle! Hmmm! I feel your pain about the blood work. Not fun for the babies or us! I'm glad you got some good info at the clinic, they are so wonderful!
Give Zoey a kiss for me! ;)