Sunday, February 17, 2008

Adoption Clinic Appointment

I am so behind. On Wednesday Zoey had her appointment at the Adoption Clinic with Children's Hospital. It went well. The social worker and pediatrician are so awesome there! I had met the social worker before at a conference and she really helped me alot. I didn't feel like we were having any attachment issues but apparently I was wrong. I just thought that Zoey liked to take her bottle sitting up, but it was actually that she wouldn't let me cradle her in my arms. So have been working on that and it is going pretty well with me. Now Vince is another story. She will NOT let him cradle her, so we are taking that day by day and trying work on that. She slept ALL the way through the night last night. HOW WONDERFUL IT IS!!!!!!!!!! She sleeps so much better when she is completely swaddled, arms and legs. If her arms are out she has busy hands and swats her face, pulls her hair, and constantly rubs her face. We are also working on her grabbing toys across midline and that is going really well. All in all she is doing really good. Her eating is better, she is not as scared of Scout, and is really happy. She had to have some blood drawn, now that was not fun at all. Four of us had to hold her down so her arm didn't move and it was pitiful to see her so distraught. She also had to have a chest X-ray because she has had a bad cough, but I guess it was fine because I haven't heard anything. They thought that she looks very healthy and is in like the 90% percentile for her height, weight, and head circumference. We go back in 3 weeks for her hearing test and shots, oh joy. I also have to schedule her to have her eyes checked. All in all everything went great I think. We'll see in three weeks.

1 comment:

lee marlow said...

Yay! What a relief! She is so precious!