Monday, August 11, 2008

Another family update

I am so behind on blogging it's not even funny. I even had to look and see the date of when I last posted. In the last few weeks there hasn't been a whole lot of new and exciting things going on. I have tons of pictures to post and will try my best to do that this week. Madison started school last Thursday and it looks like it is going to be a great school year. Thanks to all of you who have kept her in your prayers. So far we are off to a great start. Her teacher is AWESOME, her room looks like a boutique, too cute for words! We've already had a project to do, which was helpful for me too because I learned how to burn a CD of pictures, so I finally put my China pictures on a CD, YEA ME! Zoey is babbling more and running, yes running. She makes some animal sounds (not quite the right ones but she's trying) and it's too cute. She is so fun, but also has her moments. She has to stay on her sleep schedule or you better watch out because she will be ill! I had to go to a conference a few weeks ago and Vince kept the girls for two nights by himself and of course did great. He had no problems whatsoever, which I knew he wouldn't. The weekend before last we went to Huntsville to visit my parents and to see my brother and sister-in-law who had flown in from Alaska for a week. We only get to see them about once a year so they haven't gotten to see Zoey. We had such a great time getting to visit and she had fun with them too. Joseph's 10 year high school reunion was last weekend so they had a really great time getting to visit with his old friends too. Friday night we gathered around the TV to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. How amazing! I don't if you all watched it, but if not it was breathtaking! It was so interesting to watch because of all the cultural things that China included, we loved watching it and are hoping to keep it for Zoey in the future. It was kind of weird to me that I was just as excited when the Chinese came into the stadium as I was when the USA made their entrance. I guess I should've expected it as China will always have a place in my heart now. Madison even said that she wished we could adopt the boy that came in with Yao Ming. It was really great to watch. This past weekend Vince and I celebrated our 11 wedding anniversary on August 9. We went with some friends to see Journey in concert at the amphitheater, which was great. We had just as much fun people watching as listening to the concert. It had been a long time since we had been to a concert, it was really fun! Madison and I are going to Nashville this weekend to see my friend Tricia and her new baby, Luke. I can't wait! I always look forward to seeing her and getting to see the baby is a bonus! Hope everyone is having a great start to the school year. I can't believe summer vacation is already over. I'll try to get all these new pictures posted soon!

2 comments:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

OMG you are the worst blogger ever!!!!! I check every day, just in case.....JUST KIDDING! You know I love you!!!!! SO happy to hear all is going good, especially with school!!!! Love and kiss the girls for me!!!

The Ferrill's said...

Great update Amanda! It was so fun to see you a few weeks back and Zoey and Madison too! Your girls are so precious to me!
I've been praying for you!
How wonderful that you got to see your brother!
So glad Madison is enjoying school! We started back too!
Love,
Laine