Thursday, August 21, 2008

My sick baby....

So Zoey has had a cold (I thought) for over a week. I had the pediatrician call in some cough syrup last week to help her to sleep, but she is in daycare and teething. Well over the last two days she has coughed so hard that she has thrown up so I decided yesterday it was time to go to the doctor. Well guess what, she has pneumonia. I felt so awful when the doctor told me that after her chest xray, but she said since she hasn't run any fever or acted like she felt bad that most people wouldn't have brought the child in either. Well she has an albuterol inhaler (which is soooo fun to try to do with her) and antibiotics for the sinus infection. Anyway, just keep her in your prayers for a fast recovery. We go back in two weeks for a repeat chest x-ray. She slept so much better last night after using the inhaler, so I think she will feel much better soon.

3 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Praying for a speedy recovery! Amanda, don't be hard on yourself! I took one of my babies in for a well check up (this was years ago) and he had ear infections in both ears and they were severe, like eardrum bursting severe and I had no idea! When babies are happy and have no fever, we have no reason to get them checked out...so I completely know where you're comin' from!

Jen Talley said...

Oh poor thing. When Charlie had it last winter it was scary....I can't imagine with a baby.

wareaglefam said...

She looked beautiful and healthly this morning at church!! Sweet Zoey! I hope you start feeling better soon too!

Love you,
Tracy