Monday, August 25, 2008

Getting better

Thanks to all you guys for your sweet words about Zoey. She is doing much better and is not fighting the inhaler anymore, yipee! Now for those of you who know our family really well, you know that nothing is every easy going. We probably have the worst luck in the history of the world, so here goes. I have shingles. Yeah! Let me tell you, it's not fun and I don't think it will ever go away. I had always heard from patients (that are over 70) that it was very painful, etc. Well they weren't kidding. It feels like someone kicked me really hard. I thought I had a bite and when it didn't get better after a few days and other spots developed I went to my doctor Friday, one look and she said, "Shingles". I was like you are joking me! Anyway I hope you all had a great weekend and aren't floating away from Fay and the rain she is bringing us. We needed it!

8 comments:

lee marlow said...

How are your shingles? i am so sorry i've been a bad sis! Does it still hurt? I love you

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

O. M. G.!!!! I have had shingles, they do get better...it takes a while but they do. And I am shocked and amazed you guys have been going through this, shocked and amazed!!!!!! Love ya!

Courtney said...

I can't believe that you have shingles! I just returned from my in-laws where my mother-in-law had shingles. I guess I'll have to wait and see if Elyza develops chicken pox from it...she's not been vacinated yet. Anyway, glad that zoey is better and hoping that you have a speedy recovery from the shingles. YUCK! Just what you needed, huh?

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! I've been trying to keep up. Mom told me about Zoey and now I'm reading about you! Hope you all are better soon! :)
Christine Kilgro

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Amanda I am SO sorry you've been so sick! I will add you to my prayer list for sure...and I'm glad Zoey is better. Now we just need to get Momma better!
I love all your family pictures and am so glad you had a fun time visiting w/ your brother! Your friend's baby boy is SO adorable.
I'll be calling you....

Steve and Jan said...

Oh my goodness, Amanda! You all ARE having a time of it! We are all sick here this week, but next week, if you need anything at all, please let me know.

I will be praying for you.

I have some things for Zoey. I will email you later and you can let me know when you feel better (and we are well too) and I can bring them by. I have lost your phone # and can't locate it anywhere.

Talk to you soon.

Love,
Jan

Mike and Rhonda said...

Oh the shingles hurt so badly. I had them when I was 12! There is just not alot you can do about them. Just rest and let them run there course. Take care...

wareaglefam said...

I hope that you are feeling better. I can't even imagine having the shingles because I have always heard that it was so painful. Bless your buns...literally!
We hope to see you soon. We sure do miss seeing you on a regular basis. Give Madison and Zoey a big kiss from me.

Tracy