Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Brother's 10 Year Reunion-Geez I'm Old

My whole family actually together for a picture moment!
Several weeks ago my brother Joseph and his wife Summer came to Huntsville for his 10 year high school reunion. My brother is in the Coast Guard and they live in Valdez, Alaska, so needless to say we don't get to see them very often. My dad and Joseph are forever goofballs!

The last time we saw them was around Thanksgiving last year so they hadn't even seen Zoey before. We all went up to my parents for the weekend so we could get to spend some time with them. Zoey took to them really well. She is still timid around strangers, but took to Summer first and was taking her toys and even drinking her bottle next to her. By the end of the weekend she was doing the same with Joseph too. It was a really fun weekend for all of us. Madison LOVES her Aunt Lee and cousins!

Saturday afternoon we drove over to Guntersville to eat lunch at Wentzels (I think that's how you spell it), which was delicious! It's an oyster house and seafood restaurant that originated in Mobile I think and Joseph and Summer used to live in Mobile before moving to Valdez. It's right on the water, so you can walk down to the pier. Saturday night was the formal event for his reunion so we all took these great pictures of them. Me and Lee love to see our "little brother" in his dress uniform. He's so handsome! And Summer is so beautiful!

Aren't they sweet!

Me and my sweet babies!

Cousins are great to have around to keep me out of trouble! We always have fun when we are all together. We miss Joseph and Summer all the time. Next year they will be getting transferred somewhere else, we are hoping somewhere tropical! The weekend after that I had to go to a conference in New Orleans and Vince was cleaning house while I was gone. He had put the dog out on the deck and Zoey decided to go out and join her. That's when Vince took these cute pictures of them. Zoey loves Gow (Scout) as she calls her. It's so sweet! This funny picture is from when we were trying to capture a family picture of ourselves and Zoey gave us the "one eye"! I had to post it because she looks to hilarious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the pop-eye shot but love the pictures with Gow! Also thanks for pics of Tricia's baby.....ily
nana

wareaglefam said...

I loved seeing all the awesome pictures...you can tell that you guys are a close family. Your brother looks so much like you and Lee! I know that you miss seeing them on a regular basis.

Have a good week,
Tracy

Courtney said...

adorable photo! Can't believe how curly Zoe's hair is!!!