Thursday, January 31, 2008

Consulate Visit









We got up this morning and had breakfast and then had to be in our room by 9. We actually didn't have to make a consulate visit. It is strange to us, but our guide went to the Consulate for everyone with our paperwork that we completed last night. We all just had to stay in our rooms from 9-12 and if there was a problem then they would call us. Thank goodness we didn't get a call meaning all paperwork was fine. So next is tomorrow at 2:45 Vince, Me, and Zoey go to the Consulate to pick up her Visa and then we are in the home stretch! We spent the afternoon shopping. We had such a great time walking around Guangzhou. Laine I have to tell you that we have had our laundry done at Home of Love and the girl in there asked how you all were and told me to tell you all Happy Chinese New Year. She thought it was so great that we were friends of you guys and talked about how beautiful your children and you were especially. They are all so sweet in there! We also had a great time in Jordans and in A Gift From China, which is a store that proceeds go to benefit orphanages in China. We have had a great time buying cutie pie clothes for Zoey and beautiful Chinese wear for Madison. And of course us grownups found some things for ourselves too. We of course, as you can see from the pictures found Starbucks, I had to have my frappucino fix. We are getting Zoey broken in early with the frapps! By the time she is 18months she'll be going into Target with Aunt Lee saying she has to have a Mocha like her big sister. We ate dinner again at Lucy's, which again was great. Be praying for everyone over here trying to travel home. It's been absolutely crazy at the airports because of the weather. We have confirmed our flight arrangements and hopefully won't have any problems. The snow here in China has caused major casualties and destruction of disastrous proportions, so please keep all of these people in your prayers. The army had to be dispatched to help feed people stuck on roadways for days at a time. We saw them out on the side of the highway shoveling the snow by hand on the way to Guangzhou. It has been a crazy winter storm and a great many of these people have NO HEAT, just like in the orphanages. After the week we had in Nanchang, it has been so wonderful to be here, even though it is still cold. Everyone is sooooooo nice and most speak English or at least enough to communicate much easier than in Nanchang. Lee, we found the Catholic Chapel, Our Lady of Lourdes. We didn't go to Mass but we did take pictures and wanted to share. Only one more day and we will be on our way. Vince and I are dying for some Milo's Tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got your starbucks fix. It looks like you are enjoying yourself. Just get home already! Love, Tricia

lee marlow said...

I can not believe you've got Zoey drinking Starbucks already...well, maybe I can. You guys look so happy....so relieved! I loved all of the pictures. I am so glad that you are getting to enjoy China a little more now. We can't wait to see you! Although, I'm not sure what I'm going to do in the mornings once you get back....OH yeah, I'll have to talk to on the phone instead of reading your blog! I love you all, lee

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Got that girl drinking the good stuff early (starbucks rocks!) We all have been praying hard, and I love that you found a Catholic Chapel there, it is sometimes the little things that warm your heart!!!!! LOVE ALWAYS, see you SOON!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Madison, I like your baby sister Zoey!!! She is so cute. I saw you on the website and you holding Zoey. I saw Zoey crying but then I saw Zoey laughing and playing. Me and Mom are praying for your family until you get back. :) Carlee

Anonymous said...

Hi Madison! This is Carlee. I like your little sister Zoey! She is so cute!!! I saw Zoey crying but then I saw her laughing and playing. Me and Mom are praying for your family until you get back. Have a good time in China. :) Carlee Prince

The Ferrill's said...

Aw I'm so glad you are getting out and enjoying the sights and sounds of Guangzhou, I love that place! I'm so happy they remembered us at our favorite laundry place! I'm so glad you got to meet those sweet ladies! We literally stopped in there like 3 or 4 times a day just to chat with them! It brightens my day to know they remember our family, so thank you for sharing Amanda!
We are praying for the people affected by all this weather. I cannot even imagine.
I'm so glad yall are almost home! Yay for no paper problems at the consulate!
I have to tell you that Katie Lyn has a youth retreat this weekend. When she found out she was going to miss going to the airport to greet yall, she decided to skip the last half of her retreat so she could be there! I told her that would warm Mrs. Amanda's heart!
We can't wait! ;)
Praying you home,
Laine

The Ferrill's said...

Oh and I must comment about the Starbucks...it was a merciful kindness of God to find it there, wasn't it? That's how we felt!
We even met a family from Georgia in there! Hearing southern accents other than our own was a slice of heaven at that point! ;)
Love the update, Amanda!

Shades Valley Choral Department said...

Ok - you are cracking me up with the pic of Zoey drinking the frap!!!! Hilarious. I'll bring you a milo's tea on Saturday. Can't wait to see ya'll.
cantwells

Joseph and Summer said...

Hello from 1 degree Valdez!! If that was your Hotel I'm jealous. Dad told me about his and Lee's concerns about the bus accident, he said the 2 of them were pretty freaked out! That so sad for the victims but I'm glad ya'll made it. Zoey looks so happy with ya'll and Madison looks like she is helping out a lot, thats great!! Wow, Amanda you have Bronchitis, your never sick, are you sure? haha I hope the rest of your trip goes well and we'll be praying for your safe return to us! Summer says hello and she loves ya'll. I love ya'll too!!
Love,
Joseph

Chris said...

Hi guys! I am so happy for you all. Madison, I know you will be the ultimate big sister. You will be able to tell her all about Aka: Mrs. P.

Christine said...

Only you...that's all I have to say...that goes for the Starbucks, the weather, the bronchitis, and the smile at the end of the day! We are so grateful that you are all okay and getting closer to being home! We prayed all day on the day you traveled. The news on tv freaked me out, and I had to force myself not to call Lee and freak her out even more! Praise God that you are all safe.
Glad that her medical check up went well. 20lbs? Tatum is not far behind!! She told me today that she's ready for her friend to get home! Carson and Livi can't wait to see Madison!
We are praying for the rest of the trip to be boring and uneventful!
We love you, Christine

Angela said...

Just wanted to pop in and say Hey! I found your blog the other night, and wanted to say congrats! She is beautiful! Welcome back home! We live in Madison, Alabama!
Take care, and get some much needed rest!