Thursday, January 10, 2008

Pictures to Share

Some of you may have seen this picture from the blog link: Digging to China This is a picture of the orphanage where Zoey is right now. She at the Poyang County SWI (social welfare institute) in Jiangxi Province, China. My friend Courtney's daughter is also there and I had seen this photo on her blog. Vince and I had tried to find something on the internet on the SWI and couldn't find any pictures. It kind of reminds me of a pink beachhouse along the gulf coast. I know in reality it is nothing like that, but it is kind of comforting to me to think of it that way. It seems cheery to me and that is comforting too. Right now it is tenatively on our travel schedule to visit the orphanage several days after Gotcha Day. My mom told me that when she visited China years ago that they had told them on a tour that if you look at the corners on the roofline you can see how they point up, toward heaven. This will bring blessings on them. I thought that was very interesting. I know that blessings are being brought on those precious babies, they are being cared for until their forever families can get to China to bring them "HOME". This picture below is a picture of Poyang (a.k.a Boyang) Lake.
This is some of the landscape and scenery from Poyang. You can see from these pictures how green and lush the area looks. I am so glad to see that Zoey is from such a beautiful part of China. I am so overjoyed to know that in a very short time we will be there!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I wish that we were going to be there during warmer weather so that we could tour the lovely Poyang Lake. However, there is a bird sanctuary in Poyang and the white cranes come there during winter. I'm hoping that we get to see this. What a beautiful area our daughters are from. My husband and I are nature lovers so it's befitting that she too would be from a region with lakes and mountains ! Can't wait!

The Ferrill's said...

Wow, the pictures are really beautiful!

wareaglefam said...

What incredible pictures! I gives me chills just knowing that you guys will be there next week...yeah! Will Vince and Madison be able to stay the whole time, or are they coming home sooner? What can we do to help?
I love you,
Tracy

Shades Valley Choral Department said...

Of course your daughter is from a beautiful place. It is only fitting since she is going to be a part of the most beautiful family I know. I am so excited and proud for all of you. Can't wait to see this beautiful addition to an already beautiful family.
Love you
Heather

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

I am amazed at the photos!!! When I usually think of China I think of busy streets and hotels that you simply have a cubby to sleep in. You can tell I live in a box ;)! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

My daughter's best friends are twin girls from Poyang -- they are now 4.5 years old (they were transferred from Poyang to another SWI in 2005). Congratulations on your referral!