Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A long morning of paperwork

Well today is Wednesday in the afternoon. We are hanging in the hotel after a long morning of paperwork on a HOT Bus! Last night Zoey did great. We fed her, she eats like a pig. Loves rice, noodles, bananas, and oatmeal. We gave her a bottle and about 9:00 she was asleep and slept most of the night. Even when she did wake up she didn't cry, she would just stare at me. I still haven't gotten a smile, but of course, Vince has and Madison. Madison is been such an angel, a helper, and entertainer! Everyone in Nanchang just stares at her, it's very unnerving for her. But her blond hair and freckles are not quite the norm here. Everyone has been so nice and the food interesting. Nanchang is nonstop! Horns honking even at 3:00 this morning. I still haven't figured out the picture thing, I am working on it. Zoey seems to only be content when you are standing with her. She doesnt like to sit and play. She likes toys but she wants you to stand with them in her face. Her eyes follow Madison wherever she goes. She does not like bathing! And she has Freddy Kruger knife nails, we've got to go to the store and get some clippers ASAP! Everything has been such a whirlwind I am kindof loopy about it. I finally cried today standing in the Adoption Affairs office I realized after two and a half years I have my baby, and she is MINE FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is so amazing. What did I ever do to deserve such an amazing life and beautiful family. Thank you everyone for your sweet posts, I've enjoyed reading the comments and Mom has been reading some of the to all of us if we are occupied. We have a free day tomorrow and then Friday we will take a 4 hour bus ride to the orphanage. I think we are about to venture out to the market for some supplies which everyone seems to be excited about doing except me, but I guess I will take on the challenge. Hopefully I'll get some pictures posted today!

7 comments:

Shades Valley Choral Department said...

I am reading this post with tears streaming down my face!!!! I am so excited, overjoyed, proud for ya'll. I can't wait to see that beautiful baby girl. It's been such an exhausting journey for ya'll but what an amazing reward. God had you and Vince picked out from the beginning - that's why it took so long, because He chose you to be Zoey's parents. Wow!! Love you guys.
Heather

Anonymous said...

Amanda, tell Madison that I told Mrs. Wilder, Mrs. P, Mrs. Alice, Payton's mom, Jesse's mom and everyone else I could find about
her new little sister. Of course everyone was so excited to hear the good news. Neely misses Madison a ton - she asked if she could call her yesterday several times. We miss you guys. I hope you figure out how to post pictures. Have fun, relax and enjoy that precious baby!

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

We are all thinking about you guys and praying for you. Little Zoey sounds perfect for your family and we are anxiously awaiting pictures.

Hugs from Springville!

Love ya,
Jan

Shades Valley Choral Department said...

PICTURES ASAP... OR I MIGHT LOSE MY MIND!!!!!!!
Love you all
cantwells

oh... ps... your dad's post made me bawl.

Carla said...

It sounds like things are going just perfect!! I am praying for you all. If I can help with the pictures, let me know. I know it took a long time to upload and it would often time out, so if that is the problem try to resize them (and I'm not really sure what you can use to do that with).

Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly, and that Zoey will bond and attach to you all quickly. I pray that all of you feel nothing but joy! :)

wareaglefam said...

I still can't believe that you guys have her! It has been such a long time coming, but I know that she is worth the wait. Get some rest...God will take care of the rest!
We love you,
Tracy

Julie said...

Congrats! She is a doll! Enjoy your time in china!

Julie H