Sunday, January 27, 2008

A day of laziness.....









First of all we ALL slept good last night. It was the first night since we left home that Vince and I didn't wake up at 2 in the morning. We actually slept until 7 and we had gone to bed at 9. We didn't have any schedule today so we've just kind of milled around. After breakfast we came back up to the room and checked the blog comments, which again we loved reading, thanks you guys for keeping them coming. We decided to put Zoey on the floor and let her play to see how she would do. It's been so unbelievable to see how much she has changed in the last 5 days. The first 48 hours we had her she had kind of a blank look about her, she do the things that a 7 month old should do. She wouldn't reach for things, I tried to get her to play with some toys and she would scream, etc. Well, yesterday afternoon she really took off with the toys, but we learned that only one at a time is what works best right now. This morning when on the floor we were so amazed at the things she was doing. She would actually sit for about a minute before starting to fall to the side or back. She almost rolled over, and was actually trying to push herself with her feet to reach a toy when on her stomach. It just takes your breath away when you realize how much interaction with these babies just heaves them forward in development in no time. The first few days she wanted to be walked to go to sleep, now I have to rock her to get her to sleep, which I actually love. It only takes about 5 minutes to get her down, but that has always been my favorite part, when they snuggle that sweet head up under your chin and you can hear them breathing so peacefully. I just melt. Thats my time and I am so thankful that both of my girls wanted me at that time. I will always cherish that quiet sluggly time! Also, Madison changed her first diaper this morning. She did a great job, even though she didn't exactly like it, but it wasn't a poopy diaper, she was relieved about that. After a nap and after playtime we ventured back to the market this morning. Then this afternoon we went to Pizza Hut again for a late lunch. We sat down and ordered our pizza and had about finished eating when we really took notice of the people sitting next to us. They were eating pizza too, but after close examination we realized that something on top of their pizza was moving. Yes, I said MOVING. We don't know what it was because the only way to talk to the wait staff is by pointing to pictures, but it looked like some kind of fish or tenticles. Vince tried to get some video of it, but it didn't really turn out well. It was so bizarre, maybe it was fish lips? Then tonight we went downstairs for the free buffet and the hostess said they were full and we should come back later, not that there was a wait and it would be a few minutes, but "come back later". So we just fed Zoey in the room, we weren't hungry anyway. It's just been such an interesting cultural experience these last few days. I don't know what I was expecting from China, but it has surpassed all I thought it would be in many different ways. I am ready to come home but wouldn't trade these days for anything. Tomorrow morning we meet at 11 for all the babies passports. Then at 3 we are off to the airport to depart for Guangzhou. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

lee marlow said...

It is really amazing to see just the difference in the pictures of how she's interacting. I know you will be so glad to get out of that room, and move on. I'm tired of the scenery myself. We love you so much and can't wait to see you. Hang in there..and the moving pizza story is really freaking me out. Was your pizza good? love, us

Anonymous said...

HI!! I just got back late last night and couldn't wait to check out the blog and see pics. She's beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet her.
Love to you all,
Ali

wareaglefam said...

Those pictures of you holding Zoey just blew me away! Even Kelley Anne looked up and said, "Ahh!" and smiled. Praise God...those blessings are flowing!! I read that post about the orphanage about 100 times. I can't imagine the emotions...I was having them myself here in Springville. We can't wait for you guys to get home.
Safe travels on your next leg of the journey to bringing Zoey home forever!
We love and miss you,
Tracy and Kelley Anne

Shades Valley Choral Department said...

That is hilarious!!!! We had GNO last night and all we could talk about was ya'll. We all love Zoey so much already and are so happy for you. I think we are going to make a sign for when ya'll come home that says GNO loves Bo Chang. I am so proud of you. You are such a good mommy. (I already knew that) It is amazing how much Zoey has progressed already. She'll be saying "raw" and "presh" in no time!! We are counting down the days until ya'll get home.
love you
cantwell's

Cindy said...

Hey guys. I am loving reading your posts everyday. The pictures are great also. Zoey is so CUTE! Amanda you look so happy with her. Joy, we at the church miss you. Family Dedication went very well this morning. Pam told everyone in the congregation that you were in China getting your new grandaughter. It was very fitting for the day. Hope you have a safe and happy trip home. Can't wait to see Zoey in person.

JasonC said...

Great stuff. It is amazing how wonderfully made we are. It is a testament at how we need interaction to thrive and how positive interaction really changes us for the better.
I know crab meat is common on pizzas in Asia, but my guess would be squid, which is also possible, but it is usually cooked.
I hope this come off wrong, but I have a request- paragraphs. It is so much easier to read that way.

Anonymous said...

Such sweet photos! They just warm my heart and make me smile :-)

Isn't it a scary thought to think if you would have had it in your power to speed up your adoption, and not wait 2 years, you might not have this child in your arms? Aren't you glad God is in control and not us?!

When we were adopting Olivia, I prayed for any way to speed up the process, but thank goodness God had control and didn't allow that to happen. I shudder to think that if I would have had the power to change the course of events, Olivia might not be my daughter. And, there is asolutely no doubt in my mind that she was meant to be my daughter.

I am so grateful that God is greater than we are!!!

Love to you all!!!

And, hurry home...there is a big hole in Springville without you! :-)

Jan

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post info about Zoey and your trip. Like Lee, we are also completely addicted to checking our computer. You look perfect cradling and snuggling with Zoey. You can tell by the pictures how she has changed since the first pics you posted. She looks so happy and content and so do you. I can't wait for ya'll to come home. This trip is much too long.
Love,
Hope

Christine said...

I, of course, LOVE the bow!!! I just can't get over how precious she is! Her little face is just so sweet! I keep showing her pictures to all of the girls...we refer to her as "Baby Zoey, Tatum's friend."

I love that you can say, "Both my girls!" And I'm so glad that Madison has a sister...you know I have a firm belief that every girl needs a sister! Carson loves seeing the pictures of Madison with Zoey. She's so excited for her, as we all are!

So nice to know our prayers are working and things are progressing and you are sleeping!
Know that we love you and CANNOT wait to see you ALL!!
Love, Christine

Ashley said...

Blaszczynski family,

Congratulations on the new member of your family. She looks precious.

When I lived in Asia/China, one of the things I noticed they put on pizza, at least the seafood pizzas, was seaweed strips. When the heat and steam come off the pizza it makes it appear as if it is moving. Don't know if this might be what you saw. Mayonaise is also a favorite condiment for pizza in China, never particularly liked it myself.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.
Ashley