Friday, January 18, 2008

SNOW???????????????????

The one time in like 15 years it's supposed to snow would be when we are trying to leave the country. We had some on Wednesday, much more than we expected. Vince and Madison actually had a mini snowball fight on the back deck, but now they are predicting like 2 inches, come on????? As much as I would love for it to snow for all of you guys that are not going to China right now, I can't manage thoughts about delayed flights and things like that! Please God, let us get out of Birmingham on time and Chicago on time! That's all I ask, no ice on the wings or the runway, just let us get on our way to Beijing Sunday morning! It can snow when we get home in February. That would fine with me!
Last night we managed to repack again and squeeze everything from the suitcase we had packed for Zoey into our suitcases. I hope that they are only 44lbs., otherwise I guess we'll be discarding things at the airport. I can't believe it's finally here, day after tomorrow we are on our way to China, YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't say I feel sorry for you with the snow. At least you don't have the cold to go along with it. We're hoping it gets above freezing for highs this weekend. Good luck on a safe trip - we'll be thinking about you.

John Kaluza and Family

The Ferrill's said...

Amanda! I cannot believe it is already here! You will get off just fine, don't worry! It is funny that the one weekend it snows is the weekend you leave for China!
Don't worry about the weight on your luggage. We never had to pay any overages, and you saw how much we brought! :)
What can we do to help you? Do you want or not want people at the airport?
Love,
Laine

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

God is funny isn't he??? Snow, in Alabama, whatever!!! I lit a candle for you guys today...you'll get there this is just another "thing" that happens to only you ;0)!!!! JK Love you travel safe!