Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's about 10am

...And Zoey is asleep. We just got finished reading all of the comments you guys have posted and I am bawling my eyes out. I am so tired. I know I have NEVER been this tired in my life. I think it's because for one I haven't slept, but emotionally too. I am so ready to come home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! China is not for me, at least Nanchang isn't, we'll see how Guangzhou is. We'll be here until the 28th. Tomorrow we will be taking a 4 hour bus ride to the orphanage. This orphanage is only 2 years old our guide told us and that it is in the poorest section of Jiangxi Province. It should be a very eye opening experience for all of us. We are a little concerned about how Zoey will react to this. I was apprehensive about going for that reason, and the 4 hour bus ride with the heat blaring! (Lee I'll let you know how it goes) Carla-thank you sooooooomuch for letting us use your computer. without it I don't know what we would've done. It helps us stay connected to everyone at home and that helps, so thank you again for letting us use it. We are all in agreement, Suzanna, that Zoey looks like she could be your sister! She is so precious and beautiful and definately likes to snuggle! We are about to brave the streets in a little bit to go to the market. Mom, Vince, and Madison went yesterday and had some great stories about their hour experience there, so they think that we all need to go today, oh joy! You all know how much I love being out of my element and in crowded places. Oh by the way you pronounce Zoey's Chinese name: Bwa Chung. It shows how Southern we are saying: Bo Chang haha. All of the families we are traveling with are wonderful, we've had a good time comparing notes, especially on trying to get these girls to go potty, which Zoey hasn't. We'll post some pics later. Keep the comments coming, they sure bring home a little closer!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is for Joy -
I hope everything is going well. I have been praying for all of you. I have seen the pictures and I think you must be taking all of them because I haven't seen you in any. Mikey misses you and I do too. I know you are doing great there helping everyone. Please take care of yourself and Madison too. I know Amanda and Vince are more than tired, but hang in there all of you and know that we love you all and can't wait for you to get back home.
Love you,
B.J.

The Ferrill's said...

Oh it's so refreshing to hear news from China...thank you so much for posting Amanda! I KNOW how tired you are, girl. Believe me, Guangzhou is like a breath of fresh air. It is SO wonderful you will LOVE it. Hang in there, you're almost there!
Can't wait to hear how the market was! ;)
Save your shopping for Guangzhou...the best!

Carla said...

Oh Amanda, know that you are RIGHT where you are supposed to be for day 3. You are drained, exhausted, and so very ready to come home. Guangzhou is more Western "like" than our province city was, and more so than Beijing. However, it's still not home. While in Guangzhou I highly recommend getting the spa treatment done - have Vince watch Zoey and you go with your Mom and Madison! It took us about 2-2.5 hours, but it was nice to have that break.

Day 3, I think, was our worst day...well day 4 was as well since Katie ended up being so sick. But each day after that it got better. Know I'm praying for you and your family.

Christine said...

Guys...Zoey is absolutely precious!Oh that little face! I cry everytime you update I'm so excited for you all! The pictures are precious...Madison is a natural big sister! We are praying that peace (and sleep) will come to you all quickly. Zoey's just reminding you what it's like to have an infant!! We know it won't take long for her to love her new family like we all do.Keep sending the updates...I'm addicted to checking every couple of hours! We love you ALL! Christine

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I still can't figure out how to sign in with my real name - Ha ha. Anyway I am so excited for all of you. Zoey is such a beautiful baby and you all look great together. Hang in there. She looks like a Blaszczynski to me. :o)

Aunt Judy

JasonC said...

Today's random China facts:
The airport in Guangzhou has a lot of flags hanging from the ceiling.
Eat before you get the airport, because oddly enough for as nice as it is, there isn't a western restaurant (e.g. KFC) in it.
You can get a decent foot massage in the airport.

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO thrilled for you guys!! I jumped up and down when dad said that you had Zoey! I can't wait to meet the new edition to the family! I know you have wanted this and prayed for this for so long and so has the rest of your immediate and extended family. My heart is just fill of joy for you three!! Keep the pictures coming!
We love you all!!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for keeping us all updated. I know you're all exhausted, but know that we are praying for Day 4 to be the turning point. Love you and can't wait for you to get back home!
Shelly
(Stan says 'Hey!')

Anonymous said...

Laine is right...Guangzhou will be like a breath of fresh air. Everything is better when you get to Guangzhou! You will love it there! Don't forget to go to Lucy's...it's like a little taste of home. :-)

We know what you guys are going though and how emotionally and physically draining it can be. You are a great Mom and are doing all the right things. Just take each day as it comes and know that how it is today is not how it will be tomorrow, next week, next month, or maybe even next year. It will be so much better than you can even imagine right now.

Hang in there and know we are thinking of you and praying for you.

Love ya,
Jan

P.S. You will be glad you went to the orphanage. It will be an opportunity to experience all the sights, sounds, and smells of the place where Zoey spent her days. Write it all down to remember everything. Zoey will be asking about the orphanage and China one day. Your experiences there will be the only "memory" she will have.

And remember...every day, you are closer to coming home :-)

Anonymous said...

This is for Joy too!
I was glad to see a picture of you and Zoey. She is beautiful and I know you all are so excited. Know we will continue praying for all of you until you are all home. Love, Susan