Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday in Guangzhou










This is a picture of us with our guide in Nanchang, his name is Bruce. He was so awesome! We couldn't have survived in Nanchang without Bruce and our other guide LiPing. He is in Guangzhou with us, but Bruce stayed in Nanchang. Well after going to bed so late we got up and went to breakfast right before the buffet closed about 10:30. After breakfast we geared up and spent midmorning walking around the hotel. It was pouring down rain outside and surprise I have bronchitis, so we walked through the shops in the hotel. Around 1 we came back up to the room to get some things together before meeting at 2:30 to take Zoey for her medical appointment. While we did that Mom and Madison hit the shopping scene. At the medical appointment they took her picture for her Visa first. Then we went next door to see the ENT and other doctor to check her out. Well the chunk weighed in at a healthy 20lbs and everything else checked out perfectly. Once we got back to the hotel I had to go to do all of the consulate paperwork for tomorrow. We voted for me to do it because I had pretty much done all of the paperwork. I tell you what it is so nerve racking when you start doing all this paperwork. Every "t" had better be crossed and every "i" dotted. We got all of that done finally and then hit Lucy's for some dinner. I had a BLT and fries and it was the best ever!!!!! After that we did a little shopping. We got some PJ's for the girls and some dresses of course, and who could pass up "Sqeaky Shoes". Tomorrow we have to stay in our room from 9-12 while our facilitator takes our paperwork to the Consulate. If there is any problem they will call us, otherwise we go to the Consulate Friday afternoon to get Zoey's Visa and then on the plane Saturday morning. YIPEE! The pics are some randoms like Madison in the snow and us and our guide, and then some from Guangzhou when Mom and Madison ventured out today. And you Springvillians notice that I am representing with my Springville Tiger T-Shirt on! Oh and the horrible bus accident that happened, we weren't the only ones whose family's were concerned. Some of the other families with us has family calling their state offices trying to find out information too. Again thank you all for the prayers which led us here safely!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very glad you are in Guangzhou and will be able to come home on time!

Zoey is looking happier and happier!! What a little doll!!

Can't wait to see you guys!

Love,
Jan

lee marlow said...

What wonderful pictures! You guys look so perfectly happy! Who is Madison's friend? I am so glad things are going well, and Amanda take care of yourself. I hope you have some meds for your bronchitis...too bad the docs doing Zoey's medicals couldn't hook you up! Anyway, I slept much better last night knowing that you ALL are ok. Thanks for keeping us posted...it means a lot. WE love you...the marlows

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you all made it there safely. You are totally in the home stetch now! I laughed so hard at the "chunk" comment. She is definitley healthy and she looks so happy. I can't wait for you all to get home! I hope your bronchitis gets better too. I love you all! Tricia

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

CHUNK is right! Just want to squeeze that chunk!!!! We are so happy you guys are safe, I have to admit I freaked out a little thinking you guys were on that bus. You are sick, NO not you...this just means all is getting back to normal! GET HOME!!!! We miss and love all of you!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I am so excited!!! I am really tired of crying everytime I read this...but oh well. I can't wait to see you guys. Madison, you are doing an amazing job already. God knew just what He was doing making you a Big Sister at this perfect age. Joy, I know they couldn't have done it without you too. What a blessing to have you right there to share in this special time. We love you all and can't wait to get you home!
Shelly

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad ya'll are safe! I was following CNN like crazy yesterday!!! Your family continues to be in my thoughts and prayers!!
Christine Kilgro

Anonymous said...

Now this is the kind of news we have been waiting to hear! You all look rested and so happy! It's amazing what you "spring back from". Zoey is precious - and I was thinking from the pics she would probably weigh in around 20 pounds. Just wait till she gets home! I'm so thankful everything has worked out. God bless you all . . . and I'm still praying for safe travels. Love, Hope

wareaglefam said...

Praise God! I am so glad that you guys made it safely to the White Swan. You are one step closer to home! Yeah! I hate to hear that you are sick. We miss you like crazy! See you Saturday!!!

Love,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I am continuing to follow your blog and we are all praying for your safe return. I love the pictures and am so happy to hear Zoey is healthy and ready for her new home! Stay safe!

Anonymous said...

Little Miss Zoey is the cutest thing. Madison, what a sweet little trooper she is. The pictures of her and Zoey are just precious.

I can tell the difference in your posts. You "sound" like the weight of the world has been lifted off of you.....I bet. So glad that you guys are doing great, having fun shopping and getting ready to come home!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

What a journey!! I love reading about your trip and seeing all the pictures. Something tells me I am going to enjoy hearing Amanda tell them even more.
Molly

Anonymous said...

I got internet turned on at home today and I finally got to catch up on all your blogs. Lee has been keeping us informed with emails. Thanks Lee! OMG, what an adventure you have had!! Working with you, I know what you have gone through the past two years waiting for Zoey and now you finally have her!!! I cried when I saw the picture of you holding her with your arms wrapped tightly around her with her head tucked under your chin because I could just see the love you have for her. I love all the pics. Vince looks like he is on cloud 9, as any new daddy would be and Madison is such a little mommy helping you with Zoey! Zoey is such a lucky girl to be in your family. One day when she gets older and she reads all these blogs and reads about what you had to go through to get her, she will know just how much she is loved. I hope you have a safe trip home and that there are no more problems. My prayers are with you all.
Debbie Collins

Anonymous said...

Gosh, she is just soo cute! I cannot wait to hold her. Have fun! Neely says hey to Madison . . . and hurry home! Love you all, Hope

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

K, seriously we NEED to talk about the bow!

wareaglefam said...

Ok...I've already commented once, but since I've checked the blog about a hundred times since then, I thought that I should post again! We are praying that things are going smoother. I am looking forward to seeing Precious Zoey on the Red Couch. Madison has been such a trooper. I don't think that the boys would have liked being there too much! I can't wait until Saturday!!
Love you,
Tracy

Shades Valley Choral Department said...

WOW... if you only knew how many people are praying for you - you would be amazed. We were all freaking out about that bus accident yesterday. I am so thankful you are all OK. I don't like my friends being on the other side of the planet - it really makes me nervous. I can't wait til Saturday. I love you all. I am so proud of big sis madison - she is such a great helper. Zoey fits right in. She looks like she's always been with ya'll. I guess in a way she has......
love you
cantwells

Anonymous said...

Dear Madison,
Monday Brody was sick because he ate a burnt waffle. How is Zoey? She is SO CUTE! I can't wait for you to come home and hear everything else from school.
I'm praying for your family.
Love,
Brennan

The Ferrill's said...

Yay for Guangzhou pics! Don't you LOVE it? I hope you get to do just a little bit of shopping, Amanda! It really is fun! I love that you got to go to Lucy's! I feel like I'm there with you!
Can't wait to hear your next update!

JasonC said...

My gosh! What are you feeding her?! A few days ago she was a baby and now she is almost as tall as Madison! What? Oh, that isn't Zoey in the red, my bad.

Hey, I am in Hong Kong now, which isn't far from Guangzhou, come on by and visit.